Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Lunch






After a morning of Foodnetwork programs and dreams of winning the Sutter Home's "build a better burger contest", I decided it was time for some lunch. Burgers were on my mind but I didn't feel like the usual beef burger fare. Today is a special day so I decided to whip up some Teriyaki Chicken and Grilled Pineapple Burgers. I must apologize to you because this is a recipe that I just throw together from the vault in my head. I do not have a formal recipe but will do my best to explain all the steps to this wonderfully delicious sandwich. First we start off with a couple of chicken cutlets. Chicken cutlets are basically chicken breasts that have been cut in half through the middle like planing a board horizontally. A full chicken breast is just too thick and you won't miss the extra meat, trust me. Once you have cut your chicken breast in half, salt and pepper it. Put it on your grill or skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. I prefer the grill. Grill until golden brown over med to medhigh heat and the juices run clear. Now it is time to baste the chicken with your favorite teriyaki sauce. I like Kikoman's. Use what you like. If you want to make your own, go for it. Once you have basted the breasts with sauce, it is time to place pineapple slices on the grill and put a slice of swiss cheese on each breast piece. I like to grill the buns so they will warm up. Turn your pineapple over to warm it up and give it some grill marks. I also chopped some green leaf lettuce into ribbons. I put mayo on one half of bun and more teriyaki on the other. Ahhhhh, the perfect sandwich!!!

No comments: